The following information is provided to help you understand some of the core terminology used in Anaconda Server and what changes were made between releases.
We also include answers to common questions you may have and workarounds for known issues you may encounter while using the platform.
Additional information to help you get the most out of Anaconda features is available at https://support.anaconda.com/.
- Release notes
- License types
- Frequently asked questions
- How is Anaconda Server different from other software repositories?
- How do I manage security and control access to packages?
- Can I share artifacts and packages across my organization?
- How do I find a package once it’s uploaded to my organization’s repository?
- Can Anaconda ensure that my packages are always available?
- What are the minimum requirements for installation?
- What is a standard network?
- What is an air-gapped network?
- How do I update my packages and CVEs on an air-gapped network?
- Can you deliver the air-gapped
.zipfiles on a client-shared dropbox?
- How do I access the AWS S3 bucket to get updates for my packages?
- How often are Packages and CVEs updated?
- How are CVEs monitored?
- Does Anaconda Server update its own software?
- Can I use Anaconda Server with Anaconda Navigator?
- Can I integrate my Active Directory or LDAP identity server?
- How does Anaconda Server track which users are accessing the repository?
- Does Anaconda Server include signed packages?
- Can I mirror conda-forge into Anaconda Server?